Curated by Alfonse Chiu
TERRITO/REALITIES is a DECK Associate Creative Programme
How do we make sense of the world?
How can we make sense of the world?
Who gets to make sense of the world?
TERRITO/REALITIES brings together 12 films in 3 chapters to expand our understanding of what it means to take a picture of our world. Located in the intersection between the environment, media, and technology, TERRITO/REALITIES explores the complicated relationship between humanity and planet Earth, as told by the images we make of them. From an exploration of the impact of mineral extraction in Congo to the dreams and desires of an Indonesian miner that blurs the line between film and fact, from a sumptuous examination of the Mekong river to the geopolitics of satellite-imagery technology.
● Europium by Lisa Rave
● Mangeurs de Cuivre by Bodil Furu
● The Most Beautiful Catastrophe by APART Collective
● The Magic Mountain by Daniel Mann and Eitan Efra
More information on Chapter One may be found here.
Chapter Two: From Over to Under
● Becoming Alluvium by Thảo Nguyên Phan
● The Land of the Wandering Souls by Rithy Panh
● Becquerel by Riar Rizaldi
● Mbah Jhiwo by Álvaro Gurrea
More information on Chapter Two may be found here.
Chapter Three: Ways of Sensing
● Sunstone by Filipa César and Louis Henderson
● Making of Earths by Geocinema
● Peninsula Tour by Kim Boyong
● Nostalgia for the Light by Patricio Guzman.
More information on Chapter Three may be found here.
12, 13, 19, 20 August 2022
Ticket to One Screening
Concession for students & NSFs—$12
All-Access Film Pass
Concession for students & NSFs—$50
Click here for purchase of tickets.
Alliance Française de Singapour